Winter Development League (WDL)
The WDL is a winter, indoor 4v4 soccer league, using small-sided goals with no goalkeeper and a weighted Futsal ball on a basketball-size court. Players register individually and are placed on teams by the Directors, Richard Markham and Allison Sanyi. Players are placed on teams in order to create developmentally-appropriate soccer environments and challenges. Some age divisions may be broad-based and coed, players may play in a different age group, while others may be placed in multiple age-group settings. The league is designed to place players in challenging, competitive circumstances with different players than current teammates. If you have questions about age group placement, please contact Richard Markham, subject line: WDL.
- PLAYER NUMBERS: 4v4 with no GK
- GOALS: Small PUGG-size goals
- BALL: Futsal weighted ball
- FIELD: Basketball size court
- OFFICIALS: 1 per game/court
- GAME DURATION: 25 minute games. Shorter or longer games possible.
- GAME FREQUENCY: Multiple games in one night also possible.
- NUMBER OF GAMES: 8 guaranteed games per player
- RULES: Most Futsal rules apply, including kick-ins
- ROSTER SIZE: 6 per team maximum, most will have 5
- AGES: 2003 to 2010
- January 7, 14, 21, 28
- February 4, 11, 18, 25
- 7:15 to 7:45 – 2010, 2009
- 7:45 to 8:15 – 2008, 2007
- 8:15 to 8:45 – 2006, 2005
- 8:45 to 9:15 – 2004, 2003
- BSA COST: $75 per BSA player
- NON-BSA COST: $85 per non-BSA player
- REFUNDS: $10 to process any refund request. No refunds after 11/15.
- NO TEAM REGISTRATIONS!!
- LOCATION: Bettendorf Life Fitness Center
- REGISTRATION LINK: Click here to register
- TEAMS/SCHEDULE: December 15, 2017
- DEVELOPMENT FOCUS: Each week there will be themes/topics of emphasis with coaching and guidance provided before and after games.
- ENROLLMENT: Space will be limited to 36 per group.
QUESTIONS: Contact Richard Markham at email@example.com with subject line of WDL.